This combined approach, which requires the latest advances in knowledge and innovation, makes it possible to achieve an inclusive, competitive, and environmentally friendly future for Europe.
Some of the key actions of the policy include:
· Biodiversity strategy, aimed at protecting and enhancing the variety of plants and animals in the rural ecosystem;
· Climate action, to achieve the goal of net-zero emissions in the EU by 2050;
· Forestry strategy, to maintaining healthy forests;
· Zero pollution action plan, to safeguard natural resources such as water, air and soil.
One of the most important roles of CAP is to promote and support organic farming which requires a limited environmental impact.
Organic farming includes:
· the responsible use of energy and resources;
· biodiversity maintenance;
· preservation of regional ecological balances;
· enhancement of soil fertility;
· maintenance of water quality
all these actions are taken not only to provide a fair marketplace for producers, distributors and marketers but also to satisfy consumers' demand for trustworthy organic products.
To ensure that the product meets all the requirements stated by the policy of organic farming a special logo is used. This logo is called Euro-list and can only be used on products that have been certified as organic by an authorised control agency. The logo certifies that the products that have it fulfilled strict conditions on how they are produced, transported and stored.